Jammu – Profesor Bhim Singh released Manifesto for Poonch District – first Phase in Jammu Region
Prof. Bhim Singh, Chairman, JKNPP announced a Manifesto for Poonch District where their three candidates are contesting Assembly elections. The elections are to be held on 17th November, 2008 in the first phase in Jammu Province.
The candidates are Mrs. Tabassum Chaudhary (Poonch), Mr. Tariq Hamid (Mendhar) and Mr. Jameel Shah (Surankote).
Professor Bhim Singh declared that the people should do justice to seek justice. He expects to announce a manifesto for Bandipora and Ladakh tomorrow.
1. ST Status to the Pahari people who form a distinct ethnic Tribe since times immemorial irrespective of religion or caste or class.
2. Reservations of seats for the Gujjars, Bakerwals and Gaddis, the existing ST fraternity in the State Assembly according to their population in the state.
3. Completion of Mughal road without delay.
4. Rail Connection of Jammu with Poonch in the existing Plan.
5. Comprehensive settlement of all Refugees and Migrants from Pakistan and POK by providing them relief and compensation according to the international laws without delay.
6. Opening other routes between Mirpur-Kotli-Poonch which existed before 1947 for the residents from both sides with permits or passports.
7. Special package and incentive for the unemployed youth of Poonch and Rajouri Districts
8. All allottees should be granted proprietary rights.
9. VAT should be lifted along the areas of falling along LoC and International borders.
10. Heart to Heart Talks should be encouraged between the residents of both sides if J&K to generate goodwill and strengthen Confidence Building Measures between India and Pakistan.
11. Poonch and Rajouri should be connected by air-route without delay.
12. Door Darshan Kendra and AIR should made independent programme stations.
13. Rs.3000/- for every Unemployed Youth with a special package for the Border areas.
14. The historic Palace of the former Raja of Poonch shall be renovated to its original status and preserved as memorial museum of Poonch History, Art and Culture.
15. OBC shall be provided reservations and relief according to their population in recruitment and admission in the professional colleges.
Released by Prof Bhim Singh,
Chairman, JKNPP at a Press Conference in Jammu