Itanagar, April 23: At least 66 families are homeless after their dwellings were reduced to ashes in a devastating fire incident at Naharlagun in Arunachal Pradesh on Sunday evening, police said on Monday.
The fire took place at the Naharlagun area near the Deputy Commissioner’s office complex in the hills state on Sunday evening around 3:30 pm.
“The fire broke out from a house due to the electric short-circuit problem,” a police official said.
“The firefighters rushed to the spot and were able to get the blaze under control,” he added.
Apart from the firefighters, local people and police personnel also joined in the fire fight.
There was no report of any casualties.
The Arunchal Pradesh government officials and a few non-government organisations rushed to the spot and helped the homeless families.