Although we’re still in 2017, car years are traditionally previewed during the summer and released a few months after.
Do you know what you should look for in the best car lease deals of 2018? Wanting to lease a car is an understandable decision. Cars look and run their best the first few years, and with an unowned vehicle, you’re guaranteed to drive a vehicle that is relatively new and reliable.
However, you aren’t going to be stuck with it for years as it slows down, breaks down, and looks dated. For anyone that enjoys having modern cars with current technology, new options, fresh appearance, and ultimately reliability, leasing is the way to go.
However, leasing cars involve a lot of fine print and details. So, to make sure you get a car you can enjoy without breaking the bank, it is important to know what to look for in the best car lease deals of 2018, and the following ten factors should be ones you seek out:
1) High credit scores: Any lease that has a low minimum credit score for its applicants might be running rates that you shouldn’t be paying with a high credit rating.
2) Maintenance included: Regular maintenance and oil changes are often included at no charge with a leased vehicle to maximize the ease and simplicity on drivers who want cars that run well.
3) Roadside assistance: This is an attractive option that sometimes comes through car insurance now, but a company that wants to get its lease cars back in good shape takes care of its drivers.
4) Courtesy Vehicles: If your vehicle is in the shop for more than an hour at the dealership, see if they have loaners you can use to run errands while waiting.
5) Low down payments: Leases are monthly fees, but there are still down payments due upon signing. Find one that’s low.
6) High mileage limits: Leases often have strict limits on distance traveled, which might restrict your travel out of town. If you do like to drive, try to find a car that has a higher mileage limit to suit your needs.
7) Affordable buying options: Some like leasing cars to get to know them completely. If you fall in love with yours, then you might want to buy it, and hopefully, can do so affordably given you’re already a customer.
8) Small penalties for going over the allowed miles: Should you go over the mileage limit and don’t want to keep the car, check the per mile average penalty rate. If it’s at or above the industry average, it’s not a great deal.
9) Paint customizations: If they don’t offer the cars they lease in a wide variety of colors, they should at least provide an option to get the color you want to be painted on there.
10) Autopayments: Traditionally, car leases involved putting some money down and then mailing in a check every month. In the electronic age, you should have the option of auto drafts from your bank account or pay online with a credit card or debit card.
keep these ten factors in mind to find the best possible options, opportunities, and overall lease deals in 2018.