The news continues to worsen for the Democratic Party as the country edges closer to midterm elections. In a poll conducted by none other than liberal CNN, 42 percent of Americans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing.
Those are the highest marks for the president since April 25 of last year. His percentage of approval is up seven points since February. That figure was far from last August when his approval rating dipped to 38 percent.
This is sensational news for the White House and Republican candidates. Just 54 percent disapprove of the job the president he is doing, compared to 58 percent last month and 59 in mid-December.
Here are some of the other numbers in the poll:
- 48 percent approve of the way Trump is handling the economy, compared to 45 percent who disapprove.
- 53 percent disapprove of the way he is handling foreign affairs, with 39 percent in approval.
- 54 percent disagree with the way he is handling gun policy, compared to 36 percent who approve.
- 50 percent disapprove of his handling of foreign trade, with 38 percent in approval.
- 47 percent think Trump has been too easy on Russia, compared to 4 percent who have said he has been too tough on Russia.
The poll was conducted from March 22-25 among a sample of 1,014 respondents. It is crushing news for the Democrats who were planning a possible takeover of the House.
CNN, NBC and MSNBC continue to fret and push out fake news, but it reaches smaller anti-Trump audiences every day. As president Donald Trump’s approval ratings rise, their ratings fall. Karma is a wonderful thing.
This clearly shows that even as the Trump-hating media tries to bring him down by emphasizing fake salacious news, Donald Trump gets on with the job. His approval rating in this SSRS poll is now at the highest level since the 100th day of his presidency.