U.S. Government Grabs Infant one hour after birth to safeguard it from parent Political Beliefs
A few readers may be shocked at this week’s headlines “Government officials remove couple’s newborn baby due to father’s involvement with anti-totalitarian group.” A few, but probably not many of us.
When people espouse beliefs not in line with Federal goals it may be time to start impressing children’s minds before they get to public schools. Younger is better according to New Hampshire, where a couple’s newborn baby was taken from them by officials because the father is involved with a group opposed to government suppression.
New parents Stephanie and Johnathan say their child was taken from them and placed into public care solely because the baby’s father Johnathan Irish has links to a Constitutionalist organization known as the ‘Oath Keepers’.
A state official has however cited domestic violence and child abuse allegations as the reason for the abduction.
Parents in this case however, deny allegations. On Friday they staged a demonstration outside Concord Hospital, a public protest at their child being removed from their care just hours after her birth.
Stephanie and Johnathan were joined by demonstrators rallying against what they termed the state’s unconstitutional interference in a family matter.
Oath Keepers is a non-profit organization founded in 2009 which advocates that its members uphold the U.S. Constitution and when necessary resist unconstitutional actions of the government.
Mr Irish claims police officers and state officials took his daughter away on Wednesday because of his involvement in the group.
The Division for Children, Youth and Families, however, said the authorities took the child away because the father has a record of violence and abuse.
According to the statement, a judge decided action should be taken given the ‘lengthy history of domestic violence’ between the parents. They did not state what that was, only that their documents say the mother has “failed to recognize the impact of domestic violence in her life and the potential danger it poses to a newborn baby,” while Mr Irish had ‘not acknowledged any responsibility to date and remains a significant safety risk to an infant in his care… Without the intervention of the court, the infant will be at risk of harm’. Court papers referenced, “The Oath Keepers,” described as a ‘militia’, and the fact Mr Irish had a number of run-ins with Epsom police over firearms.
In response, he says he never abused the mother or children and accused authorities of ‘stealing’ his child.
The Oath Keepers group describes itself on its website as a ‘non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like-minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution.’
Its motto is: ‘Not on our watch’.
Founder Stewart Rhodes announced a rally held outside the Rochester Family Division Court on Thursday in protest at the removal of the infant ‘in support of the First Amendment-protected right of freedom of association’.
Reference to the Oath Keepers as a ‘militia’ has angered many of its members who see that as an attempt to suppress political speech.
From their website here’s what they stand against: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
“OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.”