I have for years watched as the people seem to be on a road of self-destruction. My mother, God bless her soul, has long ago passed away caused by cancer. She was indeed a lover of her country but more important she was a lover of her family.
My father too has long ago passed away, from the same dreaded disease, cancer. My sister who was four years my senior has also passed away from this same destroyer cancer. Now I live in the later years of my life free from the illness that took most of my family but still hampered from disease of the heart.
If I take my own family and try to make sense from all of the dreaded illness that has separated us for many years, my mind can only wonder what it would have been like if we were able to live together for many years.
It’s unfortunate that my mother never met my lovely wife nor ever saw her grandchildren from her son’s family. I’m sure she would be very pleased with them. She did however have the opportunity of knowing two of her grandson’s from her daughter’s family. When she passed away, this country we live in. had just too begun trying to cure to prevent death from the terrible disease of cancer. Cancer kills a little at a time. It can attack a vital organ that is essential to life and destroy that organ which then destroys life itself. Sometimes it infects the blood and cuts off the supply of blood to the organs that require good nourishment that only healthy blood can provide. Cancer is the disease of the twentieth century. Now as we are in the twenty-first century, cancer still kills but new diseases more dreaded than cancer are eating away life.
Over my life time I have seen a God inspired Constitution, a vital organ to a free nation, become separated from the life giving blood that makes this great nation work. The many arteries that supply life giving fluid to this wonderful nation are the amendments of the constitution and the bill of rights. These life giving lines make this nation work. This country has cancer but not a cancer that can’t be cured. It started with the Legislative Branch, spread into the Executive Branch, and now the Judicial Branch, of our nation’s government. When cancer strikes a nation the signs are clear and visible, apathy, moral decay, men of dishonor, greed, power hungry, self indulgence, loss of integrity and just plain stupidity, cancer begins its gnawing and eating away of the necessary vital organs to destroy the ability to repair itself. What we as lovers of the constitution need to do is take the cure.
How to cure this cancer is a great question and one that can’t be answered? But we can try the cure.
1. We need to elect good men and women to office.
2. We need to change our opinions about our nation. It is the only free nation on the earth.
3. A 28th amendment needs to be added to the constitution.
4. This would limit retirement money to senators and congressman and only give them Social security and Medicare just as normal citizens have.
5. A 29th amendment needs to be added to the constitution.
6. This would be to set make amendment to the constitution to limit the debt ceiling. Written in non political or legal jargon, but with clarity the normal citizen understands. Stop the bleeding.
7. Repeal the 17th amendment to its original wording. States should control the senators, meaning, they would be elected by the various state governments. This would give power back to the states and the people.
8. Repeal Obama health care. Completely gone.
9. Return law schools to teach constitutional law not case law. Courts to be governed by the constitutional law not by case law. Constitution should be the standard for lawyers and nothing more or less, Especially the Supreme Court.
10. If a person is registered he should not have to declare his party. Party politics hurts this country more than we realize. Abolish the party system it fails to protect the people.
11. Make the law clear that our borders will be closed. We will stop illegal aliens from coming into this country. All illegal’s now in this country must apply for citizenship. If you want to be an American, do it right. If you don’t apply within a given time period you will be returned to your own country, exported.
12. Social Security is a big problem. It never should have been adopted. Now it must be eliminated slowly and eventually slimmed down to completely disappear. Those on SSI remain and others coming into it will be handicapped by their ability to make money or to sustain themselves. Any person who has other income necessary for their existence will be taken off of SSI and Medicare. This problem has to be fixed.
Amendment 28 Example
Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States.
I watched while cancer ate away the lives of my family. I don’t want to see this country die from a disease that can be cured. A country divided is a country that is dying and when examined it has cancer eating away at its vitals. Does this nation need surgery? Yes and the only people who can perform that surgery is the people who live in this nation. We need to get it together because if we don’t the patient will surely die. This would be a start but there may be more we need to do if this therapy isn’t enough.
No one can harm the man who does himself no harm.