Election Day is rapidly approaching and it is of huge importance that the citizens of the United States understand how essential it is to vote in the elections on Tuesday!
The outcome of many recent elections on all levels of government, have been determined by a handful of votes!
The point is that every vote is important!
Those of you who have been following my commentaries and my efforts to alert the citizens of our nation as well as our nation’s leaders, about the multitude of failures of the government to address all aspects of the immigration system, know that this past May I was interviewed by Brad Stone, a producer of the news department at WSB-TV, the Atlanta based affiliate of ABC. Brad has commendably demonstrated that he has had the journalistic integrity and moxie to cover the immigration issue as few others have.
Brad Stone and his colleagues at WSB-TV should serve as “role models” for journalists across the United States!
I know he has more immigration reports in the pipeline- I cannot wait to bring them to you!
Here is the link to the news report in May, for which I was interviewed, on the threat posed by our nation’s porous borders that have enabled aliens from countries other than Mexico (so-called OTM’s) to enter the United States with a significant number of these aliens having come from “Special Interest” countries- that is to say, countries associated with terrorism:
Today Brad forwarded me a link to his station’s most recent immigration report- this time the news team at WSB-TV focused on how aliens have been casting votes!
The report was entitled, “Investigation Uncovers Non-Citizens Voting.” Here is the link to this report:
Here is the section of federal law that clearly establishes the fact that aliens, who vote in federal elections, are doing so in violation of federal law:
TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 29 >
Prev | Next
611. Voting by aliens
How Current is This?
(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, unless-
(1) the election is held partly for some other purpose;
(2) aliens are authorized to vote for such other purpose under a State constitution or statute or a local ordinance; and
(3) voting for such other purpose is conducted independently of voting for a candidate for such Federal offices, in such a manner that an alien has the opportunity to vote for such other purpose, but not an opportunity to vote for a candidate for any one or more of such Federal offices.
(b) Any person who violates this section shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
(c) Subsection (a) does not apply to an alien if-
(1) each natural parent of the alien (or, in the case of an adopted alien, each adoptive parent of the alien) is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization);
(2) the alien permanently resided in the United States prior to attaining the age of 16; and
(3) the alien reasonably believed at the time of voting in violation of such subsection that he or she was a citizen of the United States.
I hope you will take the time to watch this disturbing video. What is interesting is that the aliens who were registered to vote were registered when they obtained driver’s licenses. This is one of the reasons that there are politicians who love the “Motor-Voter” laws!
While the number of aliens who were identified as voting in the news report was relatively small, it is extremely important to remember that the report only focused on a small group of voters in one state. It is entirely possible that the failings of the system in Georgia may be happening across the United States!
This is, in my judgment, one of the reasons that some politicians pushed mightily to provide illegal aliens with driver’s licenses!
The idea that illegal aliens should be provided driver’s licenses flies in the face of commonsense. It was determined that a number of the terrorists who attacked our nation on September 11, 2001 were able to embed themselves, (hide in plain sight) by securing driver’s licenses in multiple identities enabling them to conceal their true identities, move freely around our country and cover their tracks.
Driver’s licenses also create an appearance of credibility and “normalcy” for illegal aliens who have no right to be in the United States.
Any politician, on any level, who advocates for the issuance of driver’s licenses for illegal aliens should join millions of unemployed Americans on the unemployment lines on November 3rd!
As an aside I hope you will find of interest; several years ago I testified before the New York State Senate on the issue of driver’s licenses being issued to illegal aliens. The two arguments that were provided by the politicians who favored this had two basic arguments:
1. With a driver’s license illegal aliens would be able to obtain insurance and would drive safer- and in any event, with or without licenses they will drive anyway!
2. The presence of the millions of illegal aliens in our country represents a failing of the federal government and the state government should have no role in dealing with a failing of the federal government.
Here were my responses:
1. People commit all sorts of crimes. For example, convicted felons often carry firearms illegally. If we adopt the reasoning behind providing illegal aliens with driver’s licenses so that they will be safer drivers, then I would propose that since convicted felons carry guns illegally, anyway, that the State of New York should provide all convicted felons with pistol permits! We should also provide them with range training to improve their accuracy and provide them with a course in firearm safety!
If we could improve their accuracy, they would be less likely to hit innocent bystanders in a shootout! If the training curriculum taught them to use trigger locks between “drive by shootings” and armed robberies, they would be more inclined to use those locks further enhancing public safety! (After all they are going to carry guns, anyway!)
2. I would certainly agree that the presence of millions of illegal aliens is the result of the abject failure of the federal government to secure the borders of the United States and create an immigration system that has real integrity. However, it is also true that the bulk of the narcotics peddled on street corners also came across the borders the federal government failed to secure. I proposed that those politicians who thought that the state governments should have no role in dealing with failures of the federal government should be willing to vote to order an immediate and total end to all narcotics investigations conducted on the local and/or state level and asked to see how many New York State senators were willing to consider that idea?
A number of them got up and walked out! It almost looked like the beginning of a fire drill!
(Of course there were members of the New York State Senate who came up to me to shake my hand!)
Nearly 3 years ago I appeared on the O’Reilly Factor on Fox News to discuss the issue of driver’s licenses and illegal aliens.
Here is the link to a video of my appearance on Bill’s show:
We the People can add to the consternation of these politicians who are failing to live up to their oaths of office by contacting them and making it abundantly clear that election day is coming and they should think of election day as their personal “Day of Reckoning!”
Our government must live up to its obligation of protecting its own citizens and, indeed, all who are present in our country from the criminals and terrorists who would threaten our lives and the survival of our nation and our way of life. In the end, the government is actually those who are elected to act as our “leaders.” Those who fail to truly lead and look out for those they are supposed to represent, need to be sent packing this coming Election Day!
If our country is to survive and if our children and their children are to get their share of the “American Dream” the citizens of this nation must take their citizenship seriously!
We the People must be the best citizens we can be, citizens who are worthy of the gallantry demonstrated by our valiant men and women in the military, law enforcement and firefighters, who routinely go in harm’s way in defense of this nation and our citizens.
My goal in writing this and other commentaries is to point out our nations many failings before more victims pay the ultimate price for the incompetence and ineptitude of our government.
The first step in problem-solving is to first identify the problems and vulnerabilities and then devise strategies to overcome them.
Any politician who refuses to work to secure our borders and create an immigration system that has integrity is either corrupt or too dumb to keep his (her) job. Any politician, irrespective of party affiliation who favors Comprehensive Immigration Reform and the outrageous betrayal that this would represent given the national security implications that this program would have, should be shown the door at the next election!
If you find yourself to be in agreement with this commentary, I ask that you forward it to as many of your friends and family members as possible and encourage them to do the same. We need to create a “Bucket Brigade of Truth!”
In just over one week, each and every member of the House of Representatives is up for reelection and more than one third of the members of the United States Senate will have to face their constituents. They need to be reminded that they work for us, We the People!
However, the practice of good citizenship does not end in the voting booth, it only begins there.
The large scale apathy demonstrated by citizens of this nation has emboldened elected representatives to all but ignore the needs of the average American citizen in a quest for massive campaign funds and the promises of votes to be ostensibly delivered by special interest groups. There is much that we cannot do but there is one thing that We the People absolutely must do- we must stop sitting on the sidelines!
The collective failure of We the People to get involved in make our concerns known to our politicians have nearly made the concerns of the great majority of the citizens of this nation all but irrelevant to the politicians. I implore you to get involved!
If this situation concerns you or especially if it angers you, I ask you to call your Senators and Congressional “Representative. This is not only your right- it is your obligation!
All I ask is that you make it clear to our politicians that we are not as dumb as they hope we are!
We live in a perilous world and in a perilous era. The survival of our nation and the lives of our citizens hang in the balance.
This is neither a Conservative issue, nor is it a Liberal issue- simply stated; this is most certainly an AMERICAN issue!
You are either part of the solution or you are a part of the problem!