Did you know that an average knowledge worker loses 2.2 hours of productivity per day due to distractions and recovery time? In fact, the interruption caused by emails, the web, instant messaging, etc., in knowledge work, is costing the United States $588 billion every year! Well, this is what an article published by Forbes in 2016 had to say.
In the modern fast-paced world, thanks to the advent of the Internet and social media, we are overloaded with information in the form of hyperactive and procreating content, related to almost everything and anything. At the same time, research also shows that our attention span is dwindling, which is evident from the fact that we now prefer videos to reading, and that too with rapid images and short messages.
Experts at Smart Pill Guide, a website that aims to provide unbiased, factual reviews of cognitive enhancers, top nootropics, and memory pills, said, in their alpha brain review, that brain supplements are becoming increasing popular for their ability to increase one’s focus and attention span. In fact, such pills can give you a massive boost in concentration and allow you to be more productive at work. In addition, here are some things you can do to increase concentration and focus.
5 Tips to Increase Focus
- Determine the Area That Needs Your Focus: You might be overwhelmed with the number of things you need to achieve in a single day. What makes it worse is that we don’t prioritize tasks or set ourselves time limits, which then means that we might end up with the most taxing job at the end of the day, when the energy is failing and the brain is exhausted. This is why, it is important to create To-Do lists, prioritizing tasks according to their importance and the amount of effort required.
- Prepare Yourself to Begin with the List: Before you start any task, calm your brain down first. For this, you could opt for a silent space and sit in a comfortable position and breathe deeply for 2 minutes. Deep breathing is known to help relax the mind and body. You would be surprised to see the drastic increase in your concentration level after this.
- Assign a Set Amount of Time for Each Task: Due to the lack of concentration, it can take forever to finish a task. However, when you impose deadlines on yourself, you tend to work faster. Set a timer and focus only on the work at hand till the alarm goes off.
- Cut Yourself Off from the Outside World: You would be surprised to know that while responding to emails and engaging in social media could be distracting, it is the movement of people around and chatting across the table that could hamper concentration even more. Try logging yourself out for 30 minutes but if concentrating on the work is really a problem for you, don’t hesitate to lock yourself in a quiet room till the task is over.
- Try Nootropics: Regular consumption of nootropic pills can help improve cognitive abilities like memory, concentration, focus, attention and general cognition. If you are looking for a brain supplement with positive reviews, Alpha Brain, with ingredients like vinpocetine, huperzine, vitamin B6, niacin, Onnit Focus Blend, Huperzia Serrat, Alpha GPC, L-Tyrosine, L-Theanine, Phosphatidylserine, AC-11, etc., can be a great choice.
Before trying a brain supplement from SmartPillGuide.org, it is strongly recommended to read about its dosage & side effects.