The warm weather brings with it the annoyance of all sorts of pests. Ants erupt from the ground, mosquitoes find it easier to hide in growing grass, flies are attracted to outdoor barbecues and anything smelly/sugary.
Small insects are more active in warm weather, spoiling the otherwise sunny days of the summer. As such, active pest control is needed, not only for comfort but also for health reasons. Pests like mosquitoes carry dengue fever, and bees and ant stings cause fatal allergies. Pest control for businesses as well as homes should be a priority as warm weather approaches.
Pest control experts
The most advisable approach is to engage the services of a pest control service. These are experts who have better resources in eradicating pests, using toxins and traps as well. Some of the services offered by professional pest control experts include:
- Rodent control – The pest eradications experts can get rid of all rodents in the premises as well as eradicate their breeding nests
- Bedbug control – This is essential for hospitality establishments like hotels
- Mosquito controls – If the business premises are surrounded by a grassy lawn or forested area
- Termite treatment – This is usually needed in grounds that are not covered by tarmac or carbon
- Fly control – This is needed in for hospitality establishment as well as businesses handling sugary items
- Wildlife/bird control – This is needed in premises set in forested areas
There are 2 approaches used by professional pest control services conduct:
- Initial inspection and treatment – This is the first phase where the pest infestation is identified, assessed and eradication done. This is done for both interiors and exteriors
- Follow up treatment – This is typically done on the exteriors of the premises to keep away seasonal pest activity
Finding pest control services is pretty easy. A Google search for a phrase like “cockroaches control near me” will yield search results showing different pest control services in an area.
There are other tips that can be used to keep pests away:
- Draining stagnant water – Pools of standing water should be drained to deny mosquitoes breeding grounds. These pools will sometimes be hidden by long grass.
- Proper organic waste disposal – Organic waste includes everything that will rot and decay. This includes food leftovers and dead vegetation. Rotting organic waste attracts different pests including rodents, flies, and ants. Organic waste should always be stored in a closed bin and taken away from the site as soon as possible.
- Keep a clean kitchen – If there is a kitchen in the building, it should always be kept clean to avoid attracting pests like cockroaches, flies, and rodents. Utensils and appliances should always be clean and disinfected to avoid mold growth as well.
- Furniture and upholstery inspection – It is not uncommon for pests like spiders and cockroaches to hide in cracks in the furniture, and loose gaps in the upholstery. Inspection for spider webs and nested eggs should be done to eliminate breeding grounds.
Active and ongoing pest control is the only way to keep off pests and enjoy the coming good days of the summer.