It is mind boggling that Israel is held to different standards in any aspect possible and whatever belongs to her, whatever are her rights, by any fact or agreement, gets wiped away, in no time, like a sand castle on a sandy beach.
I read in articles, I see politicians say it right out loud, “Israel must end the occupation,” and I scratch my head and ask: occupying what?
UN Not A Neutral Broker
Yesterday the biased not so United Nations; Secretary General Ban Ki-moon lost the neutrality that comes with his job, which, de facto, he never had when it comes to the state of Israel.
Yesterday I saw this Ban Ki-moon saying that terrorism in Israel, the ongoing killing of Jews by Arabs, is a direct result of the “occupation.” – Secretary-General’s remarks to the Security Council on the Situation in the Middle East, New York, 26 January, 2016.
Here I lost it. The UN, supposedly a neutral broker, an organization that keeps the balanced peace in the world, and here its secretary general throws more fuel onto the fire of the Islamo-Nazi-Arabian terror of Jews in the land of Israel.
How dare he?
UN Fanning The Flames
The fact is that the UN Secretary General’s remarks give a tailwind to terrorism in Israel and there is no justification for terrorism. The Arab-Palestinian murderers do not want to build a state, as their leaders pretend they do, rather, they want to destroy a state – the Jewish State – and they say this openly.
What the Islamo-Nazi-Arabians, so many call them by their newly acquired name “Palestinians,” want to do is to murder Jews simply because they are Jews and they say this openly. They do not murder for peace; no one murders for peace. And they do not murder for human rights; they do not know what human rights are.
In his speech, Mr. Ban Ki-moon had the chutzpah to say: “Palestinian frustration is growing under the weight of a half century of occupation and the paralysis of the peace process.” And with these words he killed the UN neutrality and moral force of long standing and the Secretary General’s remarks have damaged, not improved, the situation on the ground in Israel.
The Meaning of Occupation
Military wise: the action, state, or period of occupying or being occupied by a military force: i.e. “the Roman occupation of Britain,” “the Nazi occupation of Europe.”
Domestic wise: the action of entering and taking control of a building: i.e. “the workers remained in occupation until October 16”
Synonyms to the word “occupation” are: conquest, capture, invasion, seizure, takeover, annexation, overrunning, subjugation, subjection, appropriation, colonization, rule, control, possession, suzerainty.
There are many illegal occupations in our world but none matter or are paid attention to. The only one that bothers the UN and some of the masses is Israel’s non-existing occupation.
I scratch my head and ask myself, where does occupation fit with the situation in Israel and the Arabs in her midst?
So I approached and asked Mr. Alan Baker, Esq., to remind me, to remind everyone who seeks facts and truth, why Israel is not an occupying force and there is no occupation, a suitable word for those who wish to see Israel disappear.
Ten Basic Points Summarizing Israel’s Rights in Judea and Samaria
By Alan Baker
- Upon Israel’s taking control of Judea, Samaria and the old part of Jerusalem areas in 1967 Six Day War, the 1907 Hague Rules on Land Warfare and the Fourth Geneva Convention (1949) were not considered applicable to Judea and Samaria (at that time was called West Bank) territory. Reason, the Kingdom of Jordan, prior to 1967, was never the prior legal sovereign in that territory, and in any event has since renounced any claim to sovereign rights vis a vis this territory.
- Israel, as an administering power, pending a negotiated final determination as to the fate of the territory, nevertheless chose to implement in this territory the humanitarian provisions of the Geneva convention and other norms of international humanitarian law, in order to ensure the basic day-to-day rights of the local population as well as Israel’s own rights to protect its citizenry and forces and to utilize those parts of land that were not under local private ownership.
- Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, prohibiting the mass transfer of population into an occupied territory, as practiced by Nazi-Germany during the Second World War, was neither relevant nor was ever intended to apply to Israelis choosing, at their fee will, to reside in Judea and Samaria.
- Therefore, claims by the UN, European capitals, organizations and individuals that Israeli settlement activity in Judea and Samaria is in violation of international law have no legal basis whatsoever.
- Similarly, the oft-used term “occupied Palestinian territories” is totally inaccurate and false. The territories are neither occupied nor Palestinian. No legal instrument has ever determined that the Arab-Palestinians have sovereignty there or that the territories belong to them.
- The territories of Judea and Samaria remain in dispute between Israel and the Arab-Palestinians, subject only to the outcome of permanent status negotiations between the parties.
- The legality of the presence of Israel’s communities in the area stems from the historic, indigenous and legal rights of the Jewish people to settle in the area, granted pursuant to valid and binding international legal instruments, recognized and accepted by the international community at large. These rights cannot be denied or placed in question.
- The Arab-Palestinian leadership, in the still valid 1995 Interim Agreement (Named Oslo 2), agreed to, and accepted Israel’s continued presence in Judea and Samaria, pending the outcome of the permanent status negotiations, without any restriction on either side regarding planning, zoning or construction of homes and communities. Hence, claims that Israel’s presence in the area is illegal have no basis.
- The Arab-Palestinian leadership undertook in the Oslo Accords, to settle all outstanding issues, including borders, settlements, security, Jerusalem and refugees, by negotiation only and not through unilateral measures. They have not done that and continuously have been avoiding doing so. The Arab-Palestinian call for a freeze on settlement activity, as a precondition for returning to negotiation is a violation of the agreements. But then Arabs do not know what agreement means. For them it is one other taqiyya tool. (taqiyya: concealing or disguising one’s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of imminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury.)
- Any attempt, through the UN or otherwise, to unilaterally change the status of the Judea and Samaria territory would violate Arab-Palestinian commitments, set out in the Oslo Accords and prejudice the integrity and continued validity of the various agreements with Israel, thereby opening up the situation to possible reciprocal unilateral action by Israel.
- I will add #11. This land was conquered by the Roman Empire and the Roman occupiers expelled its indigenous people – the Jews – to the four corners of the world, leaving behind a grass roots of Jews who never left their rightful homeland. This means that beginning at the end of the 19th century onward, the Jewish people are simply returning home from the four corners of the world to join their brethren who never left their homeland.
The Desperate Palestinian Lie
On April 1, 2002 the Left leaning journalist Thomas L. Friedman, in the New York Times, wrote: “The desperate lie about the suicide bombers.”
“The world must understand that the Palestinians have not chosen suicide bombing out of ‘desperation’ stemming from the Israeli occupation … To begin with, a lot of other people in the world are desperate, yet they have not gone around strapping dynamite to themselves. Let’s be very clear: Palestinians have adopted suicide bombing as a strategic choice, not out of desperation. This threatens all civilization because if suicide bombing is allowed to work in Israel, then, like hijacking and airplane bombing, it will be copied and will eventually lead to a bomber strapped with a nuclear device threatening entire nations. That is why the whole world must see this Palestinian suicide strategy defeated.”
And so, yes, the Islamo-Nazi-Arabs and their like initiated terror around the world, they were first to hijack a plane, terrorized the Olympic Games in order to kill Jewish athletes and the terrorism list is endless and growing, which has changed the entire world’s way of thinking. No more peaceful existence. Watch your back, a stabber, a suicide bomber, a gunner, a car rammer is out to terrorize civilians and kill you.
So when the enemies of Israel shout, “occupation,” which means end Israel’s existence, you can now tell them, in simple terms, this is a propagandized lie, orchestrated in order to achieve the ultimate goal, the destruction of the State of Israel.