Branding is important for name recognition which establishes trust with potential clients. An effective brand strategy also helps build loyalty among existing customers.
To establish a company brand, it’s important to formulate a clear definition of what the company stands. Start by answering these questions:
- What’s the business mission?
- What are the key benefits of using the company’s products and services?
- How do customers view the company?
- What qualities should be highlighted to customers and prospective customers?
Steps to Implementing Your Brand
Once a company has identified the benefits, qualities and message they wish to convey, the following steps can help in creating a corporate image:
- Create a logo. The logo needs to embody the brand image immediately. It’s worth hiring an agency that specializes in logos to ensure that the logo supports the company’s mission and ideals. This is the customer’s first impression of the company, so it’s essential to get it right.
- Verbalize the brand message. Write down the brand message. This will be conveyed on social media, in printed literature and in messages to clients. Therefore, make sure it also sends the right message to employees, who will see it on internal documents. The brand message should have a place in the way various departments are managed; everyone should know the primary mission of the company in order to do their jobs with a larger purpose in mind.
- Identify the company’s voice and tone. Determine the voice that will represent the business. Is it casual? Formal? Serious? Humorous?
- Create a tagline. A tagline summarizes the value proposition of a company. It should also be catchy and memorable to reinforce brand recognition. Nike’s ‘Just do it.’ tagline seems esoteric but is actually quite effective at establishing the company’s products as essential to athletic success.
- Establish standards for marketing materials. Design a marketing portfolio that defines the firm’s brand standards such as logo size, fonts, ink colors and other factors. This ensures consistency in marketing materials and communications with clients. A reliable printing and material firm, such as JoinPrint, can help you develop and maintain these standards. This includes partnering with a provider that can deliver business and name card printing that accurately reflects the brand-whether that means using a glossy or matte finish, black ink or neon colors.
- Stay consistent. It’s critical to realize that the brand message must be consistent and persistent. Use the same branding on correspondence with customers, prospects and vendors.