Christopher Abbinante, veteran land title insurance industry professional has been named president of The American Land Title Association for 2011-2012. The American Land Title Association (ALTA), is the national trade association for members of the title insurance industry.
ALTA represents more than 4,000 title insurance companies.
ALTA is guided by an 11-member Board of Governors. The board determines the association’s policy, manages its financial health, and ensures its overall welfare.
“It is a privilege to represent an industry whose purpose is to protect consumers against legal challenges to their homeownership. I am honored to serve as president of a growing and vibrant association, now representing more than 4,000 member companies. The American Land Title Association is committed to constantly improving its representation and service to our industry.” – Christopher Abbinante.
Abbinante, a 35-year veteran of the title insurance industry, was formerly president of Eastern Operations for Fidelity National Title Group, Inc. Over the past 35 years, Mr. Abbinante had wide experience, working with agents and direct operations across the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean.
Mr. Abbinante for entered the land title industry in 1975, at a Chicago law firm with a small title agency. In 1976, he joined Chicago Title, serving in many different capacities. In 2001, Chicago Title became part of the Fidelity National Financial Family of Title Companies. Mr. Abbinante is still with Fidelity, where he focuses on operations in Canada and eastern and central USA.
“Chris is the right person to lead our association through the challenges we currently face. His talents as a title insurance executive are well regarded throughout the industry and he inspires confidence as we work to better serve consumers.” – Michelle Korsmo, ALTA CEO.
Christopher Abbinante graduated from Loyola University in 1972 with a bachelor’s degree in History. He earned a JD and LLM from the John Marshall Law School, and in 1985 he earned an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Members of ALTA‘s 2011-2012 Board of Governors are:
- Christopher Abbinante (Fidelity National Title Group, Jacksonville, FL)
- John M. Hollenbeck (senior executive and vice president, First American Title Insurance Co., Santa Ana, CA)
- J. Herschel Beard (owner, Marshall County Abstract Co., LLC, Madill, OK)
- Frank Pellegrini (chief executive officer, Prairie Title, Inc., Oak Park, IL)
- Rob Chapman (senior vice president and chief information officer, Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., Minneapolis, MN)
- Diane Evans (senior vice president, Land Title Insurance Corp., Denver, CO)
- William Burding (executive vice president, Orange Coast Title Family of Companies, Santa Ana, CA)
- Daniel Mennenoh (president, H.B. Wilkinson Title Co., Galena, IL)
- Peter J. Birnbaum (president, Attorneys’ Title Guaranty Fund Inc., Chicago, IL)
- Michael B. Skalka (president, Stewart Title Guaranty Co., Houston, TX)
- Anne L. Anastasi (president, Genesis Abstract, LLC, Hatboro, PA)