Montreal, QC (RPRN) 09/28/10 – Tuff-N-Lite Hockey, based in Montreal, Canada, today announced that its’ unique line of cut-resistant skate socks has received clearance for use in NHL games, by the National Hockey League.
The specialty protective equipment company has continued to grow, since launching an innovative line of high-performance, cut-resistant garments in 2009, that provide key protection for hockey players, that traditional equipment does not.
Tuff-N-Lite Hockey protective hockey socks are already being used by a number of NHL hockey players, including Travis Moen of the Montreal Canadians, who was protected from sustaining a potential career-ending injury last season.
Key benefits of Tuff-N-Lite Hockey skate socks include:
* The products essentially look, feel and stretch like athletic socks, while offering prevention of potential career-threatening injuries.
* Tuff-N-Lite Hockey skate socks use Tuff-N-Lite Cool patented technology, that
* Tuff-N-Lite Hockey: Protection- Reinvented
conducts heat away from players, keeping them comfortable and dry throughout the game.
* Tuff-N-Lite Hockey garments use light, breathable fabrics, which are not woven, so they stretch in all directions, increasing player comfort.
* Tuff-N-Lite Hockey is the first supplier in the industry to use Micro-Texpur technology, which is an eco-green antimicrobial agent.
The innovative technologies and patents created and used to-date, for the first generation of protective gear are also currently being utilized to develop other leading protection for professional and amateur hockey players and hockey enthusiasts alike, including: wrist guards, goalie leg tubes and slash guards, among others.
Products are currently available (USA) online and distributed by Arrow Hockey and Sports Corp.
Products are currently available (Canada) at select retailers including Source For Sports, Pro Hockey Life, Hockey Experts, Sports Rousseau, and Play It Again Sports.
Media Contact Name: Howard Barrett
Media E-mail: [email protected]
Media Phone: 514-2710800
Media Web Address: www.tuffnlitehockey.com
Company Contact Name: David Nerman
Company E-mail: [email protected]
Company Phone: 514-8860817
Company Web Address: www.tuffnlitehockey.com
news source: RushPRnews http://rushprnews.com/2010/09/28/tuff-n-lite-hockey-protection–reinvented