The Projected deficit threatens Obama’s plans – politics – White House …, and tells more than Obama wants us to know. Auditors say budget would produce $9.3 trillion in red ink over next decade. Budget Director Peter Orszag decided to spin the Congressional Budget Office’s economic projections.
Orzag said they are probably more pessimistic than those of the President. Even so, Orszag acknowledged if the CBO projections are correct, Obama’s budget would produce unsustainable deficits.
Wild deficits are not telling the whole story. One must question why Obama is doing what he is.
There is no way America can eliminate a $9.3 trillion dollar debt in ten decades, much less one. Obama is not worried about total debt now, because in his mind a World Bank will somehow save the day. Socialism will allegedly control most countries in the next few years.
If the debt hits $9.3 trillion in one decade, each person in America will have to fork up $31,000 just to eliminate the debt. Not gonna happen. Obama has too many irons in the fire. He won’t touch them for deficit reduction; i.e., a) United Nations, b) 15 major US Departments (e.g., DoJ/27.2 billion/yr), c) NPR, and d) anything having to do with abortion.
Just a few signs as to where we’re headed:
1) The IOM recommendation (Institute of Medicine), called for the Obama administration to require insurance programs to include birth control – such as the morning after pill or the ella drug that causes an abortion under “preventative care.”
Obama is telling his audience that he will bypass Congress to enact as much of his agenda as possible through executive orders. He wants to implement policies through his (unelected but appointed) czars, and mandates issued by federal agencies. These strategies supposedly can get around any checks and balances established by the Constitution. Obama has already exclaimed publically: “We can’t wait for Congress to do its job, so where they won’t act, I will.”
It is easy to remember Obama saying there would be no rationing of care. Now Dr. Donald Berwick (England’s National Health Service, appointed to run Obamacare), says rationing is inevitable.
2) Young people, and first-time voters were key to Obama’s victory in 2008. Stating “we can’t wait,” Obama announced executive plans for helping homeowners and veterans, as well as graduates with large student loans.
Obama tells students: ‘I need your voices’ News was clearly meant for those needing loans that would to go into effect in 2012, instead of 2014. With that acceleration, Obama wants any remaining debt to be forgiven after 20 years, rather than the existing 25. Many students will be thinking about waiting to pay school loans off after 20, and then have the remaining debt eliminated.
Current Unpaid student loans top $1 trillion. That debt will surely double with the relaxed restrictions. It seems obvious: News: Obama wants student loan payments lowered to shore up voting bloc. Obama knows young voters were an important bloc in Obama’s 2008 campaign.
3) NPR, formerly National Public Radio, is a privately and publicly funded non-profit media organization serving as a national syndicator<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_syndication>to a network of 900 public radio stations. NPR had $403,000,000 net assets in 2010, but they’re still needlessly funded by the government. Usually, they are highly biased towards the left.
4) Liberty Counsel (Matthew Staver, America Fast Approaching The Tipping Point) shows many special interest groups (i.e., ACLU, Planned Parenthood, GlSEN (Gay-Lesbian-Straight Education Network) etc., have taken matters into their own hands, and decided to ram through their agenda.
President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder decided not to defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) they deem to be “unconstitutional.” But they have committed unlimited amounts of taxpayer money to defend the truly unconstitutional ObamaCare.
5) Remember Department of Energy’s (DoE) $535 million loan to bankrupt Solyndra, LLC? First Solar (9/30) was the recipient of two loan guarantees just before it was set to expire. Very recently, the DoE rushed through an additional $4.7 billion in “green energy loans” to four other companies, and over $10 billion to 16 others.
Now being exposed is a similar $529 million DoE grant to Fisker Automotive to build new hybrid cars. But the Obama administration is funding this startup with cars being assembled in Finland.
Winston Churchill had a good definition: “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery..”
10 Methods to Generate Good Jobs, Now.
The real questions are why Obama is spending taxpayer money left and right with little hope of receiving any back. Socialism looks to be Obama’s answer.