Customers enter your office with an expectation. When an office is in disarray or they don’t feel welcomed, this can lead to lost sales and appeal. You can make your office feel more inviting with a few, simple changes.
1. Custom Artwork Brightens Up Spaces
Artwork can brighten up your space. Now, you don’t need the most expensive artwork in the world to make your space inviting. A lot of custom artwork can be created by you. That’s right. You can create your own artwork – even if it’s horrible – and people will love it if It’s in your office.
If you don’t want to create your own custom artwork, you’ll be able to find artwork at:
- Local shops
- Local artists
You can also use an online store, such as Vistaprint, that will allow you to create custom banners and wall décor. Even if it’s something as simple as a logo that you splash on your wall with fun colors, it will be worth the effort to spruce up a dreary room.
2. Spruce Up the Space with Decorative Lighting
Decorative lighting is great when trying to put together an inviting space. The use of lighting can brighten a room or add layers of interest to the room. Even in the break room, you can add in decorative lighting to make the space more appealing.
A few tips to give your office better lighting, include:
- Keep the lighting indirect. You want your lighting to add to the room’s appeal, and if it’s too direct, it will cause a glare or make it hard to see. Feel free to add in lamp shades to soften the light.
- Choose lighting for the task. If you want to illuminate a computer, use an articulated desk lamp.
- Location is key. Natural light is a great addition to your space, so try and use your natural lighting as much as possible. Also position your lighting to meet your space’s needs.
If you incorporate the right lighting, the space will instantly be transformed.
3. Add a Conversation Piece to the Room
Your room will be better with the addition of a conversation piece. These pieces will often become a focal point in the room, and they can be something simple, such as an indoor wall fountain or something different, like the Campfire Big Lamp.
If you don’t want something that sticks out this much, you can opt for:
- An odd color furniture piece
- A unique piece of furniture
- Something that is out of place in the room
- Something that is controversial
If you choose to add a conversation piece to your office, you’ll find that your office is far more inviting.