WordPress is a platform that lets people develop their own websites for business or personal use. The problem with WordPress is that it can grow to be very slow when running a website. A slow website can actually cost users money in the long run as customers stop visiting the website and opt to buy from another person. Here are some ways to improve your website speed.
Keeping Up with Speed
Speed is a very attractive matter when it comes to online services. People want to work a website that is fast and friendly. Here are some ways to speed up a website powered by WordPress.
- Use a host that is good and well-known. Take the time and check out Siteground managed WordPress hosting.
- Have a theme that is easy and simple. The more complex the theme and features that are included on the site, the slower it will run. Stick to the basics and what are actually needed on the site and it will run fast.
- Make good use of a content delivery network. This option allows people to download files on the site quickly by placing them on servers near the users.
- Reduce your image size. The larger an image, the longer it will take to load. If the site uses smaller images, then the website will run better and better than if it has to load large pictures and files.
- Use the WP-Optimize plugin to optimize the database. This will keep things lined-up and running quickly on the website.
- Remove unwanted drafts. Data takes up space which in turn slows down the website.
There are many things that can be done to help websites run as quickly. By simply implementing a few changes and design options the website will run quicker than ever. Make sure to take advantage of the many plugins that WordPress has to offer so the site will attractive and easy to use for returning customers. Without a fast running website returning customers and new customers will easily get frustrated and will seek to transact business with another website that is user-friendly and meets their needs as a consumer.