In any medium sized business, from handling service requests to maintenance management to tracking the ongoing maintenance of equipment, a maintenance software called CMMS or Computerized Maintenance Management System can indeed be a useful tool. When any business chooses an equipment maintenance software, some of the utilities and functionalities they look for are preventive maintenance, perfect management of equipment, insightful reports of maintenance, asset assignments and foolproof ways in which they can reduce costs of maintenance.
According to Statista, the revenue generated by heavy equipment repair and maintenance of machinery services averaged around $30 billion over the last decade. So, whether it is a preventive maintenance plan or other services, a CMMS software will always help a business achieve its goal of reducing costs. Here are a few things you should know about using and purchasing a CMMS.
The benefits associated with a CMMS
If you use CMMS compliant equipment management software, you should be aware that it is also capable of managing several departments or other facilities. Such software not only increases work efficiency, it also supervises, documents, organizes and determines operations of equipment maintenance; additionally it offers several other advantages. Here are a few to take into account.
- Enhances efficiency of equipment while diminishing inventory costs by handling supplies, tools, warranties and service contracts.
- Helps businesses remain viable and strong for producing better quality equipment every year.
- Provides workload balancing and perfect scheduling of maintenance tasks.
- Optimizes the life of company assets and offers insights and data based on which business owners can take worthy investment decisions.
- Creates records, tracks tasks and archives service and maintenance records and costs documenting operations as needed by FDA or OSHA.
- Smooth integration with 3rd party apps for service management.
- Utilizing previous insights or data to take smarter and cost-efficient solutions.
- You can save around 12-18% using Preventive Maintenance as against reactive maintenance
- If HVAC maintenance is done in a proper way, you can use up to 15-205 less energy in different service facilities and workplaces
- Every dime that you spend on Preventive maintenance plan can help you save $5 on all other expenses
- An average of 30 minutes in a day can be wasted by 80% of the workers who are all working together in extracting information
Reduce your maintenance costs
- Full time preventive maintenance
In case you’re waiting for equipments to become dilapidated, you will tend to spend more money on repairing the issue rather than incorporating a preventive maintenance plan. People usually make the mistake of taking into account the underlying cost of CMMS rather than the long-haul benefits of seeking help of a CMMS.
- Track and monitor maintenance costs
Preventive maintenance software permits you to determine your costs and not just by keeping a tab of it. When you use CMMS software, the business manages maintenance operations which play a role in keeping them strong and viable for producing better services and goods every year. You can set recurring services with the help of an equipment maintenance software.
- Keep a close watch on your staff and employees
Without the kind of software being talked about, it is indeed tough to measure the performance of employees regularly. Doing everything manually leads to inefficiency and wasting of too much time. Here if you have a preventive maintenance solution, this lets you distribute the perfect tools for maintenance and this helps you spread the best in your company.
Therefore, if you’re still not adopted CMMS, you should immediately take into account the points given above and start using one to achieve maximum efficiency.