Mobile Payment Options for 7-Eleven Store Customers
7-Eleven stores are getting ‘smarter’ as the company has ventured to accept mobile payments. Through the use of smartphones and smartwatches, one can pay at these convenience stores through Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Apple Pay and Google Pay are new mobile payment options that offer in-and-out-of-store customer experiences.
Apple Pay is known for its easy, more secure, and private way to pay. Apple Pay works with iPhone SE, iPhone 6 and later, and Apple
Google Pay is also easy to use and it can be used almost anywhere, either online and in stores. One can manage one’s account at your convenience, on the web or in the app. Plus, it is safe for it is contactless payments.
The benefits of mobile payment options particularly to customers were recognized by Gurmeet Singh CDO and CIO of 7-Eleven.
“Frictionless experiences are the future, and digital payments are key to such experiences. Consumers prefer shopping at retailers that offer digital payment capabilities,” said Gurmeet Singh CDO and CIO of 7-Eleven. The ability to pay with their smart device gives consumers one more reason to shop at 7-Eleven,” Mr. Singh said.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry. Based in Irving, Texas, the company operates, franchises or licenses more than 66,000 stores in 17 countries, including 11,800 in North America.
What’s New at 7-Eleven?
The company says it values customers’ convenience and preferences. That is why it always on the lookout for digital innovations. The following are the recent digital innovations include:
- 7-Eleven NOW™ – The proprietary smartphone app, currently being rolled out into select U.S. markets, enables on-demand ordering of products from local 7-Eleven stores, and offers Apple Pay as a payment option.
- 7Rewards® – The popular app-based customer loyalty program allows customers to earn and redeem points upon checkout. The app also provides unique and exciting customer experiences in and out of stores.
- 7-Eleven Bot on Messenger -7-Eleven fans can engage with the brand from within Facebook by simply chatting the 7-Eleven Bot on Facebook Messenger.
- Amazon – The in-store package pickup service, Amazon Locker, is in approximately 1,100 7-Eleven stores; and Amazon Cash may be used at more than 8,000 locations.
- BillPay – The app powered by PayNearMe enables cash users to pay a variety of bills at participating 7-Eleven stores.