Every year, liberal Hollywood marches out their awards season to self-congratulate themselves for their perceived idea of a job well done. Last year’s best picture Oscar went to a very liberal small film with a black, gay drug dealer as the main character.
Naturally, the blockbuster WWII epic directed by the hated Mel Gibson, already an Academy Award winner for 1996’s “Braveheart.” was ignored. Gibson’s spectacle which had a cast of thousands was a true life story about America’s only conscientious objector to win the Congressional Medal of Honor. It obviously did not fit the left’s politically correct ideology.
But there is a new award ceremony this year. And ever since President Trump announced its premiere a few weeks back, the liberal media has gone hysterical. But to many Americans, the awards themselves are hysterical.
This ceremony “honors” fake news stories from 2017. They are definitely awards that the winners are not at all anxious to pick up at the podium.
To have an award bestowed, the criteria is you have filed one of the most egregious media reports during the year. And much like disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein who picked up quite a few Oscars in his shortened time on stage, some networks greedily gained the most awards.
CNN and The New York Times dominated the ceremony. Their achievements at so-called journalism did not go unnoticed. The following “news” personnel and their one-sided masters now enter the newly created Hall of Shame. They were “the winners” of the most blatant attempts to sucker-punch Americans striving to get real news.
Had this awards ceremony been in existence for the last few years, The New York Times’s columnist Paul Krugman would be the Meryl Streep of continuous “honors.” He can be considered the most unworthy recipient of a Nobel Prize in this generation.
Do without further ado, “the winners” are:
- The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
- ABC News’ Brian Ross doesn’t do his homework and sends markets in a downward spiral with false reporting.
- CNN falsely reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
- TIME Magazine falsely reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
- Washington Post falsely reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. A thoroughly dishonest reporter showed a picture of an empty arena several hours before a packed crowd entered.
- CNN falsely edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. The Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.
- CNN falsely reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
- Newsweek falsely reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.
- CNN falsely reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.
- The New York Times falsely claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
- The biggest award was given to the entire Democratic Party-colluding media that screamed “Russia Collusion” the entire year. It is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people ever.
The entire tongue-in-cheek affair would be hilarious except for one very important footnote. The Founding Fathers granted the free press extraordinary privileges the world had never seen. Little did these wise men have any idea how viciously it would be abused by a handful of hysterical leftists who violate the trust of this sacred freedom every day with the good people of this country.