Dr. Murray Sabrin Exposes Massive Government Harming Of Our Nation’s Children
New Jersey conservative Republican leader Dr. Murray Sabrin, the Garden State’s strongest advocate of limited government and individual freedom and the front-runner for United States Senate, held a press conference on Friday exposing one of the most egregious and massive harming of our nation’s children by governmental interference with parents’ rights to control the healthcare of their own children.
Dr. Sabrin was joined at the press conference by Louise Habakus along with several other mothers who are strongly against governmental mandating of vaccines. These vaccines have been linked to autoimmunue and developmental disorders including food allergies, eczema, asthma, diabetes, MS, rheumatoid arthitis, autism and ADHD.
Time Magazine devoted its entire Health Section to the issue of vaccinations: (http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1808438,00.html?iid=336x280_h)
Dr. Sabrin stated, “This is a perfect example of government run amok and causing severe problems for parents and their children. We must protect these children by allowing parents and their doctors to make decisions about their vaccines and healthcare without government interference.” Sabrin continued, “How can a faceless bureaucrat in Washington or Trenton know better than parents and their pediatricians? Even the former Director of the National Institutes of Health says our government is not on the right track!” Dr. Sabrin was referring to Dr. Bernadine Healy’s interview last week by CBS News’ Sharyl Attkisson (seen here: http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4088138n).
Louise Habakus joined Dr. Sabrin and remarked, “New Jersey has more mandated vaccines than any other state in the Nation and it is astonishing the New Jersey Department of Health is mandating four more vaccines without offering parents and pediatricians information and other options.” Habakus continued, “Federal law does not require informed consent for vaccination, but it should. When a drug or medical treatment carries the risk of injury or death, a person must have a complete understanding of the risks and benefits before she is able to give consent. As a mother and a health professional who is greatly concerned about the millions of ‘Vaccination Generation’ children, we urgently need more political leaders like Murray Sabrin to act now to protect the rights of parents and their families.”
These sentiments were echoed by Dr. David Dornfeld, DO, ABOFP, of the Family Wellness Center in Middletown, New Jersey. Dr. Dornfeld said, “Vaccinations are important if delivered safely to reduce disease outbreaks. However, CDC and AAP guidelines do not go far enough to protect children. No studies have demonstrated the safety and efficacy of administering multiple vaccinations at the same time, much less the six single and combination vaccines that are routinely given to children at 2, 4 and 6 months of age.” Dr. Dornfeld continued, “The studies follow one vaccine at a time and find its usage safe if the child is the not unhealthy prior to the shot. When this occurs, the immune system is triggered erroneously in a subset of the population. And although the guidelines allow for this, children can’t be sick when getting shots. Parents should be given the option of a slower, safer vaccination schedule, as their European couterparst enjoy, to achieve the desired goal.” Included in Dr. Dornfeld’s 20+ year family practice are more than 100 autistic children and they have gotten his attention. Over 80% of their parents have told him their children markedly regressed into autism within two weeks of receiving multiple vaccines. You can visit his website at www.OsteoDocs.com.
Dr. Sabrin said, “Parents and pediatricians are not so ignorant as to begin widespread abandonment of legitimate vaccinations, however, science is showing there might be subsets of the population that have serious reactions to these mandated vaccines and the role of government should be to protect its people – not harm them!” Sabrin continued, “As has been repeated for thousands of years, ‘Primun non nocere – First, do no harm!’ We need to disclose the facts and implications of vaccination and allow for parents to make health care decisions for themselves and their families. There is currently a Conscientous Exemption to Vaccine Bill sponsored by New Jersey Assemblywoman Charlotte Vandervalk and I strongly encourage all New Jersey voters to call their State Representatives and ask them to Co-Sponsor this important legislation.”
Dr. Sabrin continued, “When I become the United States Senator from New Jersey, I will hold these bureaucrats accountable for the massive governmental mandates and its consequences. As Dr. Healy disclosed, governmental scientists have refused to question their own hypothesis because they are ‘afraid of what it might show’ and that it will shake public confidence in vaccination.” Sabrin continued, “I will STOP the government from continuing this assault on our nation’s children.”
The press conference was held outside Dean’s Natural Food Market at 490 Broad Street in Shrewsbury, New Jersey on Friday, May 23, 2008, at 12:30 p.m.
PRESS AVAILABILITY – THURSDAY, MAY 22, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
In addition, Florence Sabrin will join Louise Habakus at her talk for parents on Thursday, May 22, 2008, at 7:00 p.m. at Dean’s Natural Food Market (490 Broad Street in Shrewsbury, New Jersey). This presentation is entitled, “Vaccination: Building A Case for Education and Choice.” There is a second talk scheduled on Saturday, May 31, 2008, at 10:00 a.m. at the William Satz School (24 Crawfords Corner Road, Holmdel, New Jersey). These talks are open to the press and parents, however, due to the limited seaing please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facts About Vaccines for Children
New Jersey has the most aggressive vaccination schedule in the United States. Our government recommends 66 doses of 19 viruses in 41 shots for children up to sixth grade. Schools distribute a fact sheet strongly recommending the Gardasil series of vaccines for 11 year old girls but leave out worrisome adverse effects including death, fainting, seizures, shock, vomiting and vision loss. New boosters added as immunity from DTaP, chicken pox and others wane earlier than anticipated. It is not readily disclosed that hundreds of thousands of children have been injured and killed by vaccination. Injuries and deaths are widely accepted to be in the millions as the number of reported cases is severely understated. In New Jersey, nearly 1 in 5 children has a special need. The Center for Disease Control reports the national autism rate is 1 in 150. In New Jersey the rate of autism is 1 in 94 children and 1 in 60 boys
Nine Points Left Out By TIME article by Louise Habakus:
1. Edward Jenner’s smallpox discovery and his vaccine experiments were an unequivocal disaster. If you research the history, you will discover that many people died and came down with terrible diseases such as syphilis because the shots were widely contaminated. Then as today, viruses must be grown on animal or human tissue and viral cross-contamination, cross-species transference, mutation and replication are very real issues (i.e., cross-contamination with other viruses living in the tissue that we didn’t know were there) is a very real concern.
2. The article is based on this concept of herd immunity, that is, the belief that a certain very high threshold of the population must be vaccinated or the disease(s) will return. This is assumed but has never been proven. Disease outbreaks occur in schools and other communities where 99%+ of the population has been vaccinated (New England Journal of Medicine, 3/87). Vaccine makers disclose that it is possible to get the disease from the vaccine. While the press and the government like to blame outbreaks on the unvaccinated, It is not possible to precisely prove this as both unvaccinated and vaccinated contract the disease. Disease transmission can occur through breast milk and through “viral shedding” from the nose and mouth of the recently vaccinated.
3. Vaccination is commonly credited with the eradication of terrible diseases. However, if you trace worldwide disease death rate trajectories over the past 100-150 years, you will see dramatic and precipitous declines over the entire period before vaccination was even introduced. Before historical revisionism, these gains were originally attributed to significant improvements in sanitation and hygiene (i.e., we no longer have raw sewage running in the streets).
4. If there is so much controversy about vaccination and if the government is truly very concerned about the consequence if parents are losing confidence and choose to opt out of all vaccination, then why don’t they do the unthinkable? Why don’t they actually conduct an independent, controlled, double-blind, peer-reviewed study on vaccination? The CDC claims that this would be unethical to deliberately withhold vaccination to children and put them at risk. However, we all know that millions of children are not vaccinated (by Time magazine’s own admission, 2-3% of all children) and parents of these children would gladly and gratefully accept the opportunity to participate in this study and to prove that they are indeed responsible and not the societal parasites riding on the good graces of vaccinating parents.
5. At its heart, science is about observation. That government scientists are willing to so readily dismiss the first-hand observations of tens of thousands of parents who swear that they lost their children to autism just days and weeks after inoculations is irresponsible (and I am being kind). I am shocked that Time magazine did not reference Dr. Bernadine Healy’s TV interview on 5/12/08 where she makes a break with her Institute of Medicine (IOM) colleagues and goes on record to say that we must study this further, we must understand what is happening with susceptible groups of children and she chides her colleagues by saying that we must never be afraid of what the truth will show. Dr. Healy is a Harvard-educated physician who did her residency at Johns Hopkins and is former head of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and a current member of the IOM. Her credentials are impeccable.
6. There are unvaccinated populations in this country with significantly lower rates of asthma, diabetes and autism. Former UPI reporter Dan Olmsted investigated the Amish and Chicago’s Homefirst pediatric practice. Details can be found at www.ageofautism.com Why are these studies being ignored? CDC’s Dr. Gerberding claims that there’s something special genetically about the Amish that they don’t get autism. How about the 15,000 Homefirst children who are Muslim, Jewish, Christian and Black?
7. The research studies that the government uses to disprove a link between vaccination and autism are flawed. I urge all parents to read the full studies and the critiques before they are comforted by and choose to parrot the conclusions. All of these government studies are epidemiological. Scientists know that epidemiology is used to identify variables which may be associated with disease incidence in populations; however, epidemiology is never used to prove causation. Only a controlled study can prove or disprove causation.
8. Time ends its article by saying “such a strategy could reveal new avenues of research…” The government will inspire confidence by funding the research that will settle the debate once and for all. Currently, government sponsored research funding by the NIH is $300 million for leukemia which affects 1 in 25,000 and $160 million for muscular dystrophy which affects 1 in 20,000 than the $15 million spent on autism which affects 1 in 150. That kind of dissonance does not communicate a sincere desire to engage in a respectful and forthcoming dialogue with parents. That government and health officials are taking a harder line with parents in the absence of definitive research is shockingly inappropriate; however well-intentioned, it is still an abuse of power.
9. Time chides parents for cherry-picking vaccines. I chide Time on cherry-picking case studies to find the lone non-vaccinating parent whose child contracted HiB. Again, this does not contribute to furthering the dialogue.
Dr. Murray Sabrin is a successful entrepreneur working in commercial real estate, portfolio management, and economic research. Dr. Sabrin is an author, TV and radio commentator, and Professor and Executive Director of the Center for Business and Public Policy at Ramapo College. He and his wife Florence of 39 years reside in Bergen County. For more information, please visit http://www.murraysabrin.com.