Sometimes, life gets in the way and the opportunity of earning a high school diploma slips by. Or, perhaps the chance to leave high school early is too good an opportunity to pass up. Either way, there is an alternative to high school graduation and it is to get a GED diploma instead.
A GED (General Education Development) diploma is a good option for individuals who are over 16 years old, are not currently enrolled in high school, and haven’t earned a high school diploma.
To earn a GED diploma, an official exam must be taken and passed. The test is made up of multiple choice and short-form answers in the following subjects:
- Mathematical Reasoning:
- Basic Math
- Basic Algebra
- Graphs and Functions
- Reading for Meaning in Science
- Designing and Interpreting Science Experiments
- Using Numbers and Graphs in Science
- Reasoning Through Language Arts:
- Reading for Meaning
- Identifying and Creating Arguments
- Grammar and Language
- Social Studies:
- Reading for Meaning in Social Studies
- Analyzing Historical Events and Arguments in Social Studies
- Using Numbers and Graphs in Social Studies
What Will Be Gained by Getting a GED
Some real advantages can be gained by getting a GED. First, according to CareerBuilder, most employers agree that “having a GED is preferable to no high school degree at all. And in terms of educational qualifications, employers generally consider GEDs and typical diplomas to be equivalent.” So, getting hired may well rely on having a GED certificate in your hands.
Second, getting a GED is the necessary first stepping stone to a continued education for non-graduates of high school. Earning a higher degree definitely increases earning potential now and in the future.
How Taking a GED Sample Test Can Help
Even thinking about taking a test can get some people really nervous. Wondering about what kinds of questions will be asked, getting stressed about the thought of having to complete the exam on time, and not knowing if passing is even possible can be enough hurdles to keep people away from even trying to take the GED.
If this sounds like you, one way to get over these hurdles is by taking a GED practice test online. A GED practice test can help you pass the real GED by better preparing you with:
- A custom study plan with your preferred study tool.
- Practice questions that are written and designed just like the ones on the actual exam.
- Exact chapters and pages pointing to specific areas where you can improve.
- An indicator showing how likely you are to pass.
By taking a GED sample test, you’ll gain the study skills, practical knowledge, testing abilities, and confidence required for successfully passing the GED and earning your certificate.