As Internet advertising becomes increasingly multifaceted and complex – with the rise of dynamic video, search engine optimization, and content curation – it’s important to take note of the most impactful promotional vehicle in today’s advertising ecosystem.
Look no further than Instagram:
- Instagram currently features over 200 million active users each month, and more than 50 million new accounts have been registered in the past 30 days.
- 57% of Instagram users log in on a daily basis, which is why the platform’s engagement rates are 15 times higher than Facebook and 20 times higher than Twitter.
- More than 85% of today’s top brands and blue-chip companies use Instagram, marking a 15% increase year-over-year.
- When compared to plain text advertisements and simple banners, more than 40% of online surfers respond more positively to visually-stimulating content.
- More than one million active marketers use Instagram each day, which is up from just 200,000 at the start of 2016.
- However, there is still a largely untapped niche available, as evidenced by the fact that only 28% of marketers use Instagram for advertising purposes.
Growing A Brand on Instagram
As Instagram continues to create new services for contemporary business profiles, there are countless ways to begin enhancing a company’s image and attracting a myriad of potential clients:
Change The Standard Profile into a Business Profile
If a company establishes an official business profile on Instagram, they’ll gain immediate access to a vast array of value-added tools to help bolster their marketing efforts:
- Inclusive calls to action and webpage redirects, such as download my eBook, click here to join the team, contact us for enquiries, or secure your spot in the waitlist by clicking here.
- Valuable insights on click-through rates.
- Engagement metrics and various industry-specific analytics.
- Comprehensive content analysis to help you refine and reimagine your advertising approach.
Synergize Through Cross Promotions
Contrary to popular belief, many social media users stick to a few specific platforms while mitigating their daily activity on others, which is why the most prudent marketers focus on cross-promoting their content as opposed to fabricating new advertisements for each platform. This approach ensures that brands will be able to reach as many eyes as possible without over-exhausting content creation resources; re-purposing content is the best way to maximize marketing potential.
As such, the ability to constructively cross-promote marketing efforts through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms is arguably the most valuable tool that comes with an Instagram business account.
Establish a Relationship with a Renowned Instagram Influencer
According to a recent study conducted by Nielsen, modernized influencer marketing can drive much more virtual foot traffic to your webpage than traditional advertising efforts, not to mention the fact that it creates the perception of a vast, widely-recognized enterprise. As a matter of fact, partnering with a popular social media influencer can increase the potential return on investment ten-fold, which is why so many firms are beginning to establish long-term partnerships with prominent Instagram marketers.
In stark contrast to traditional marketing banners, AdWords, and pop-ups, influencer marketing initiatives can withstand the test of time; driving foot traffic, garnering likes, and proliferating your brand name for many months to come. The posts, videos, links, and calls to action will remain in the original feed, and various followers will continue to repost and disseminate the content on a daily basis. All it takes is a versatile, eminent influencer to take your advertising schemes to the next level.