The envelope is a folded piece of paper that is also a vital part of the national communication system. It has the power to impact someone else. It has been used as a medium to convey important messages for a long time. It may contain a greeting card or an important notice. A business envelope is a chance to create brand awareness.
Envelopes are silent messengers that can be utilized to make someone aware of a company’s products and services. In fact, there are traces of the envelope in history. The modern envelope was created in the 17th century as a medium of communication between merchants and nobles and to ensure confidentiality. Envelopes in America were produced in the mid-1840s. As the country grew, demand for envelopes grew as well. Over 60 million envelopes were consumed in the 1920s and soon the numbers soared into billions.
Envelopes are more than just a flat piece of paper for businesses all over the world. They have been playing a much greater role for business. Here are few reasons business envelopes are considered crucially important:
- They tell your audience who you are
- They represent the fact that you paid for the postage delivering your message
- They are personally addressed to your audience’s attention
The humble envelope is a representation of what your business is capable of. It is about your personality, humanity, profession, academics and personal integrity. In a nutshell, it is a first impression.
There are some unbelievable statistics regarding the importance of envelopes in the business. Over 78% of businesses still believe in the envelope as an effective form of communication. It is as important as the message it contains. This is why businesses have been focusing on them as an effective marketing option. There is a misconception that businesses often overlook it as important business stationery but it has been there for years and continues so.
The industry is still booming. With an ever-growing increase in the demand for business envelopes, even the paper industry is benefiting from it. Over ten million tons of paper is dedicated to such use. Nevertheless, this has increased the variety of envelopes coming on the market. From different styles to colors and designs and shades, envelopes are seen in many forms. This has made difficult for customers to put their hands on the best option available in the market.
Here are some important factors take into account before purchasing a business envelope or designing one:
- Selecting the right quality for the paper. As mentioned above, envelopes are representations of business objectives and demands, so select the right paper. The quality of paper will determine the impression made on the receiver. Nevertheless, the basic material can be changed.
- Design in a professional manner. It must exhibit professionalism in every aspect.
- The ink used on the envelope must be chosen according to the style of the business and the message it wants to convey.
A envelope can be plain or it can make a statement. It is an opportunity to make a lasting impression on the receiver, at relatively low cost, but some time and effort need to put into the design.