Call for Probe on Deadly Terrorist Attack Against Adivasi People in Assam

147

No Talks With NDFB(S), NIA To Probe Adivasi Attack: Rajnath Singh

The Union Home minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said that the National Investigation Agency (NIA) will probe the attack on Adivasi people in two of Assam’s districts by National Democratic Front of Bodoland (Sangbijit) militants.

During a press conference held in Guwahati, the Union Home minister made a commitment that NIA will probe the Adivasi attack in Assam.

“PM Narendra Modi and the Union Government are concerned about terrorism and there will be zero tolerance in dealing with the NDFB(S) militants.”

“The incident is very unfortunate and we will not compromise with terrorism,” Rajnath Singh said. “We will not hold talks with such rebel groups like NFFB(S) who killed children, women,” the Union Home minister said.

“The All Out operation against the militants will be launched soon. The Union Foreign Affairs minister Sushma Swaraj had already talked with premiers of Bhutan and Myanmar and they have assured to cooperate in operations against terrorism,” Rajnath Singh said.

Rajnath Singh accompanied by MOS Home Kiren Rijiju, Union minister Jewel Oram, Assam CM Tarun Gogoi visited at Biswanath area in Sonitpur district and Kokrajhar district on Thursday and held discussions with various organisations, state government officials, district administration to tackle the situation.

The death toll rose to 81 in Assam violence as two more bodies were recovered in Kokrajhar district.

Hemanta Kumar Nath is a correspondent in Assam, India, who reports on local news in Assam, the north east Indian state.