The truth will set you free
Everyone in Israel, who is not, yet, a secret Israel hater, like Shimon Peres, Ehud Olmert, Tzipi Livni, et al, should use this summary ,repeatedly, in their statements to the press and in their speeches. Repeat it over and over till it sinks in.
The purpose of this essay is to be a guide to go on the rhetorical offensive in order to save the State of Israel and the USA-Israel relationship.
With the members of the Democratic Party imploding support for Israel, and Jewish Americans being brainwashed daily to loathe Israel, it is now an urgent matter to address the following subjects:
1) Debunking the Arabs’ libel that Israel commits genocide against the Arab-Palestinians
2) Exposing the Palestinian Authority (PA) hate and incitement narrative – in its own-words – and the PA Arabs violence against Jews, the result of this hate teaching.
3) Debunking the libel that the Jews stole the land, they are usurps, and invaders.
4) Debunking the allegation and canard that Israel is an “apartheid” state
1) Debunking the libel that Israel has committed and commits genocide. We need to understand that Israel will never get a fair hearing until the genocide libel is debunked. This libel bullet is used in the anti-Israel canon to shoot the state from all sides. Mahmoud Abbas flung in his first paragraph of his last UN speech. (Below for your reference.)
Muslim students shouted “genocide, genocide” when they interrupting Ambassador Michael Oren’s speech at UC Irvine, California early 2010. No one in the audience knew enough to get up and shout “blood libel, blood libel”!
The PA population has increased 250% since 1967 from approximately 1 million to approximately 2.5 million; that is a population explosion, not genocide. (Demographic study link here for your reference.)
On Wed, 12/9/09, Roberta Seid
Look at Ben Zimmerman’s, Mike Wise’s and my book on the population in the West Bank and Gaza.
It is on line at http://www.biu.ac.il/Besa/MSPS65.pdf
The Arab population in the West Bank and Gaza grew from 942,000 in 1967 to 2,466,000 in 2003. We found that the PA had inflated their population numbers, so that instead of the 3.8 million they claimed were in the WB and Gaza in 2003, it was really 2, 466,000.
Either way, there was substantial growth, with the population growing over 250% in that time period according to our data. The PA data would suggest even higher growth-almost 4 times the original population.
Excerpt Mahmoud Abbas’s speech to the UN General Assembly, November 29, 2012 – blood libel in first paragraph
‘The General Assembly is called upon today to issue a birth certificate of the reality of the State of Palestine,’ says PA president
November 29, 2012
The full text of PA President Mahmoud Abbas’s address to the UN General Assembly, November 29, 2012:
Mr. President of the General Assembly,
Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,
Palestine comes today to the United Nations General Assembly at a time when it is still tending to its wounds and still burying its beloved martyrs of children, women and men who have fallen victim to the latest Israeli aggression, still searching for remnants of life amid the ruins of homes destroyed by Israeli bombs on the Gaza Strip, wiping out entire families, their men, women and children murdered along with their dreams, their hopes, their future and their longing to live an ordinary life and to live in freedom and peace.
2) Exposing the PA hate and incitement narrative – in its own words – its result, the PA Arabs’ constant violence against Jews. There will never be a durable peace and safe life for Jews until the PLO-morphed to PA, morphed to Fatah and its over stayed leader Mahmoud Abbas narrative of hate and violence ceases and is replaced with an ecumenical narrative AND the PA/Arab violence against Jews, generated by their incitement, stops completely and forever.
Team PA/Abbas ideology, as manifested in its media rhetoric, must be exposed – in its own words; 2012 statistics on PA/Arab crimes against Jews indicates a large increase from 2011. This should be quoted over and over again. (See reference provided below).
Team PA/Abbas media narrative, including the one that is directed at children and youth, is genocidal anti-Semitism, terror advocacy and adulation of terrorists, delegitimization of the state of Israel’s very existence, by denying any and all Jewish history in the land; every city from Haifa to Jerusalem are taught to be exclusively “Palestinian”. Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) can provide you with surfeit of back-up material – with the Arabs’ own words quotations.
2012: No Israelis Killed in Terror Attacks in Yesha
For the first time since the signing of the Oslo Accords, no Israelis were killed in terrorist attacks in Judea and Samaria during 2012
By David Lev | First Publish: 1/24/2013
The low numbers killed in terror attacks – and the fact that no one was killed in attacks in Judea and Samaria – masked the fact that 2012 saw a significant rise in the number of terror attacks in Israel. In Judea and Samaria, 578 attacks – including shootings, fire bombings, rock throwing, carjacking, etc. – were reported, compared to 320 in 2011. In Jerusalem, there were 282 attacks reported, compared to 191 the year before.
3) Debunking the libel “Jews stole the land”. PM Netanyahu frequently says in his speeches that we have been in the Land for over 3000 years. It is necessary to prove it with archeological specifics. Example: the First Temple was built in approximately 1000 BC, 1500 years BEFORE the advent of Islam. No part of Jerusalem has EVER been the capital of any Arab/Islamic/”Palestinian” entity. List other archeological sites in Judea and Samaria that have been confirmed as ancient Jewish communities and give dates of founding, include some of the Jewish ancient archeology that UNESCO is relabeling to as “Palestinian”.
4) Debunking the allegation and canard that Israel is an “apartheid” state by explaining and comparing the Apartheid system that was created by the White people in South Africa to the reality in Israel which, does not resemble, one iota, the South African apartheid system.
If we adhere to the above, the wheel will change, slowly, in Israel’s favor; if not, what we see taking place today will get worse. When you do not confront evil when you can, you will be forced to confront this very same evil when it is much more painful, difficult and risky.