A majority of the American people who are native-born or legal immigrants are against illegal immigration. There is a small minority who feel this country should have open borders that allow all who wish to come here without legal admittance; just show up. Some just don’t care, but many more are angry about illegal immigration.
For the sane majority who pay taxes, the items below illustrate what the correct number of 20 million illegal immigrants in the United States cost to house, feed, educate and even jail.
- $14 billion to $22 billion dollars are spent each year on welfare to illegal aliens. It should be pointed out that “billion” is spelled with a “B.” That is $22,000,000,000.
- $7.5 billion dollars are spent each year on Medicaid for illegal aliens. That is $7,500,000,000.
- $12 billion dollars are spent each year on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they still cannot speak a word of English. That is $12,000,000,000.
- $27 billion dollars are spent each year for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, commonly known as “anchor babies.” That is $27,000,000,000.
- $3 Million Dollars per day is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. That’s $1.2 Billion a year. That is $1,200,000,000.
- 28% percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens.
- $190 billion dollars are spent each year on illegal aliens for welfare & social services by the American people. That is $190,000,000,000.
- $200 billion dollars per year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. That is $200,000,000,000.
- The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.
- During the year 2005, there were eight to ten million illegal aliens that crossed our southern border with as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from other terrorist countries. Over 10,000 of those were Middle East terrorists. Millions of pounds of cocaine, meth, heroin, crack, guns, and marijuana crossed into the U.S. from the southern border.
- The National Policy Institute estimates that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion, or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.
- In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $65 billion in remittances back to their countries of origin, to their families and friends. That is $65,000,000,000.
- Nearly one million sex crimes are committed by illegal immigrants in the United States.
The total cost of the above is an incredible $538.3 billion dollars per year, $538,300,000,000. That is the price Americans pay for the government and its politicians to not enforce the existing immigration laws already on the book.
That is the situation. Every president since Ronald Reagan, including H.W. Bush, Clinton, Bush W. and Obama has reaffirmed their pledge to enforce existing immigration laws. Isn’t it time to follow through?