Former FBI Director James Comey testified before a Senate subcommittee on Thursday. The perception of his sworn testimony depends on where you read or saw it. If you listen to CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post or any major network, Comey’s Testimony was devastating to President Trump. Wrong again.
Headlines across the nation screamed “Comey says Trump lied.” That is what the mainstream media implied. The rest of the world saw or read what Hillary Clinton describes as a “nothing burger.” Nothing is the operative word for what the sane among us are now calling the fired director’s testimony. He should be investigated for that testimony.
But ten items came out of the hearing that speak volumes about the media that defined the testimony as “damaging.” The question is to whom? It certainly proved nothing about Trump and the Russians or obstruction of justice for interfering in an ongoing investigation.
What Comey’s Testimony Proved
- The American people were reminded by Comey that Trump was “never under investigation,” and he said so
- President Trump did not obstruct justice and Comey said so
- President Trump did not collude with the Russians and Comey said so
- Comey leaked his own memo according to his sworn testimony through a surrogate and he said so
- Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch pressured Comey to cover for Hillary Clinton and he said so
- There was ample evidence to put Hillary Clinton in jail, but Comey for whatever reason did not pursue it and he said so
- CNN and the other fake news outlets have been lying the entire time. As Comey so amply put it, “Like seagulls at the shore. One says a falsehood and the others flock.” Oh, and he said so
- The media has now come to a turn in their fake investigation and no longer can scream “Russia!” And we the people say so
- Any further pursuit of the Russia story is left to liars and fools. So say real journalists
- There is no “criminal investigation” of Trump because there is no crime. So says the law
Hysterical Media’s Non-Story
A non-story that the left-leaning and hysterical media has carried for 11 long months has been upended on live television. The story is a non-story. Now the repercussions will begin as Americans take a hard look at what they have read or listened to from the discredited and highly partisan media.
Is there anyone who is not just out for blood at any cost that doesn’t see the parallels and cooperation between the Democratic Party and most of the media outlets? Isn’t there ample proof the American people are being treated like morons by these people selling us their warped ideology?
The fanatical, sore losing left will continue to seek attention with the shiny objects in the distance, but the truth is, they are the ones who have been unmasked. The credibility of the mainstream news outlets has been severely damaged. A skeptical audience must now decide for themselves where to turn for the truth.
It is obvious that the witch hunt to find anything on Donald Trump will go on uninterrupted, but will the lynch gang now begin to dwindle? Count on that as the ratings continue to slide and the newspapers are thin enough to shave with. It appears the only way to stop the fake news is the almighty dollar, which the left proposes to hate.