The Jews of Israel's Olive Trees
The Jewish tradition ascribes special importance to the seven species or fruit that glory the land of Israel and they are seven kinds of tumors mentioned in the verse in Deuteronomy that describes the fertile agricultural land Israel: "For the Lord your God brings you into a goodland, a land of brooks of water, springs, and groundwater coming out in the valley and mountain, country of wheat and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey." Honey is mentioned in the verse means the palm tree fruit, the Date from which one produces Date's honey
Nadia Matar and Yehudit Katsover head Women in Green, an organization that has the state of Israel interest at heart. One of Women in Green's passions is to make sure that the Arabs do not continue stealing land from Israel, which the Government of Israel does not see fit to do. As far as the Israeli Government is concerned, the phenomenon of Arabs encroachment on stateland goes on with impunity.
Nadia and Yehudit's method to stop, as much as possible, Arabs' encroachment on Jewish land is simple; they go with as many volunteers as possible and they plant olive trees, one of the seven kinds theland of Israel is blessed with. They plant the olive trees on state-owned land the Arabs have not yet put their foot on. But will if not stopped,they will claim the land is theirs and does not belong to the Jews.
So, in reality, Women in Green, in their zealous love forIsrael, are protecting the deed to the land, a job the Government of Israeldeclines to perform.
The story below is disturbing on many levels:
1. The Arabs, roaming on Jewish land are thugs, vandals and lawless. Their handlers, whoever they are, egg them on to steal Jewish Land, as part of a larger scheme of getting as much Jewish land as possible under their control. The Government of Israel of the other hand, does not prevent the Arabs' actions and does not take measures against them.
2. The Israeli bodies, whether the Civil Administration officials, the police or army either lack judgment or they are scared of the Arabs. State owned land is state owned land, so why were Nadia Matar and Yehudit Katsover arrested before it was concluded to whom the land, on which they planted olive trees, belong? Why did all those whom they called to come help them to push the Arabs away took the Arabs' word that they are the aggressors and took them into custody? After all, they probably knew Nadia and Yehudit and their people planted trees on state land and they just pretended they did not, or, they could have taken the same survey maps Nadia and Yehudit were going by and decide if they were in the wrong or not. Something smells very bad here.
3. The Government of Israel's bodies appear to be anti-Jewsand pro Arabs. This is a policy Defense Minister Ehud Barak implemented and has since penetrated all the entities that are paid by Jewish tax payers to defend Israel and its citizens, not the Arabs. This is an upside down behavior the least to say. Why do Israeli citizens have to create a confrontation with the Israeli government, thus force the authorities to stand up for the Jewish People, for the State rights?
4. We are seeing here a Lefty behavior that is anobstruction of Jewish justice. This kind of behavior is permeating though theIsraeli academia, its courts and media. Such behavior is subverting the State of Israel, by Israelis.
I live in the United State and I am a staunch supporter and defender of the State of Israel. When I read about such incident I wonder, if Israelis cannot defend their own state land, who am I to be able to defend the Jewish State from aboard?
When I read that the Government of Israel's authorities work against the Interest of the state, whereby, instead of supporting the brave actions of staunch Zionists, like Nadia Matar and Yehudit Katzover, thenwhy fight Israel's fight?
I am aghast and sickened and demand an immediate change in favor of Jews; I hope many of you think and feel the very same.
Nurit Greenger sees Israel and the United States equally, as the last two forts of true democratic freedom and since 2006, has been writing about events in these two countries. Contact her by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
* The views of Opinion writers do not necessarily reflect the views of NewsBlaze
Related Israel News