Top 5 Gluten-Free/Wheat-Free Foods
I know Gluten-free foods. I also know that there are some really lousy tasting gluten-free foods out there. This article is a look at some of my favorites!
It is still hard to find gluten-free items, but they are much easier to find than they used to be. The last five years alone have brought an explosion of yummy gluten-free foods. Unfortunately, there has been equally as many bad tasting gluten-free products.
Brand-wise, if you can find Kinnickiknick, they are hands down the best gluten-free food option - I have never tried anything they've made that wasn't delicious. However Glutino, which is much more easily found comes close with many excellent choices, and are hands-down the best gluten-free crackers and pretzels available.
1. Kinnickiknick and Glutino bagels. For years there was no bagel option for those suffering from Celiac Disease/Wheat allergies or just want to avoid gluten. The Kinnickiknick brand, although hard to find, has the very best tasting gluten-free bagels, although Glutino bagels are very close. Although the taste is similar, Kinnicknick bagels are somehow just a little bit tastier, and are easier to cut. Can anyone say bagels and lox?
P.S. Kinnickiknick also has doughnuts....
2. Glutino Crackers. Ever settle down to a nice soup and watch sadly while others crumbled crackers into theirs? Now you can crumble your own crackers happily. Glutino crackers are so good that they remind me of how Ritz once tasted. Definitely try out these wonderful crackers - but make sure to buy two boxes!
3. Glutino Lemon Wafers. Luckily these are a little hard to find, because I think I'd be snacking on these all day. Although not as good as GlutenFreeda's 800 calories per cookie option (because nothing is as good as those cookies), they're certainly extremely tasty and soul satisfying. I've also seen strawberry and chocolate flavors, but I haven't tried them - why mess with a good thing?
4. GlutenFreeda's amazing, heavenly, outrageously sinful cookies. Wow. Before I looked at the calorie count I ate two of these cookies and could have died happily in that moment. For a special treat, these are AMAZING.
5. Moondance sugar-free, gluten-free mini-cheesecake. Sometimes I just crave cheesecake, and I'm sure there are many of you who do too. When I saw the words 'sugar-free' I thought, "well, that can't be good - sugar-free cheesecake?" The craving won however, and rest assured, these mini cheesecakes are delicious, satisfying, and incredibly enjoyable.
Rose M. Garland is an active writer, editor and contributor. Contact Rose at her blog www.risingupward.com or at NewsBlaze.
* The views of Opinion writers do not necessarily reflect the views of NewsBlaze
Related Opinions News