‘Farmweek’ Reports on Corn, Catfish, Bugs and Local and National Events

2347

On Aug. 23, 2013, “Farmweek” reported on corn, catfish, bugs and more. Its feature story was on the 2013 Dixie National Sale of Jr. Champs.

BUGS AND GARDENS

The show also recognized the 2013 Mississippi State Bug Camp and in the category of Southern Gardening was “Jerry’s Jungle Stump.”

SHOW PRODUCED IN MISSISSIPPI

“Farmweek” is an agricultural TV show produced in Starkville, Miss. at Mississippi State University (MSU).

farmweekstaff
Farmweek staff Leighton Spann, Amy Taylor and Artis Ford

“On the show ‘Bring on the Heat’ spoke about the American Farm Bureau calling on American Agriculture to not settle for another extension of the presant farm bill.” – “Farmweek”

corn
Corn

TIME SCHEDULE

“Farmweek’s” time schedule is in the Central Time Zone. The show airs at 6:30 p.m. on Saturdays and at 6 a.m. on Mondays.

TRIVIA QUIZ

“‘Farmweek’s Trivia Quiz’: What percentage of a dollar bill is composed of cotton fiber? A. 25% B. 49% C. 75% D. 100% (see answer below) – “Farmweek”

The show is also on RFD-TV (satellite and cable network), (DIRECTV, Channel 345 or DISH, Channel 231) at 5 p.m. on Fridays and at 3 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Saturdays.

CURRENT SHOW

“‘On this week’s show Farmweek’ showed how children and parents spend time together at Bug Camp, and that “Jerry’s Jungle Stump” turns an eye sore into a tropical garden!” – “Farmweek”

In addition to viewing and enjoying “Farmweek” on air or by video, one can also learn what is up in the areas of farm life by visiting their website.

FARMWEEK WEBSITE

dragonfly
Dragonfly

On their website, Farmweek’s Calendar of Events and the “Farmweek” Calendar helps one discover even more “Farmweek” news. Like events on different days are grouped together.

“The ‘Farmweek’ site offers links that lead to PDF files, and their free reader is available from Adobe. One can even find one’s own MSU Extension Service county office.” MSU Cares

For those who missed any past shows just visit the show’s archives. Enjoy video of “Farmweek’s” Aug. 16 show as well as Aug. 23 show attached. See for yourself, at slideshow, the variety of crops, bugs and Farmweek staff.

TRIVIA QUIZ ANSWER

The answer to “Farmweek’s Trivia Quiz” of how much of a dollar bill is composed of cotton fiber is, C. 75%. The other 25% is linen.

AUGUST 23 “FARMWEEK”