Since the Kindle Fire was released last month, Amazon has sold millions of these devices.
Amazon announced that customers are purchasing over 1 million Kindle devices per week and the Kindle Fire remains the number one best selling, most gifted, and most wished for product across the millions of items available on Amazon.com since it was released.
The Kindle Fire sells for $199, which is $300 less than Apples cheapest iPad.
For those that do not know what a Kindle Fire is, here is a list of some of its features from Amazon’s description on its website:
– 7″ multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and anti-reflective treatment, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors. Total size 7.5″ x 4.7″ x 0.45″ weighing at 14.6 ounces
– On device storage: 8GB internal (approximately 6GB available for user content). That’s enough for 80 apps, plus 10 movies or 800 songs or 6,000 books. Free cloud storage for all Amazon content.
– Kindle Fire features a state-of-the-art dual-core processor for fast, powerful performance. Stream music while browsing the web or read books while downloading videos.
– Battery life: Up to 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback, with wireless off. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as web browsing and downloading content. It takes approximately 4 hours to charge to a full charge.
– Over 100,000 movies and TV shows, including thousands of new releases and your favorite TV shows, are available to stream or download, purchase or rent – all just one tap away. Amazon Prime members enjoy unlimited, commercial-free streaming of over 10,000 popular movies and TV shows.
– Thousands of the most popular apps, including Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, ESPN ScoreCenter, Comics by comiXology and more, plus you’ll get a great paid app for free every day. Enjoy the best games, including Words with Friends, Angry Birds, Plants vs. Zombies and more, from top developers like Zynga, EA, Gameloft, PopCap, Rovio and more. All apps are Amazon-tested on Kindle Fire for the best experience possible.
– Stream your music library from Amazon Cloud Drive or download to your device and listen offline. Looking for new music? Discover over 18 million songs in the Amazon MP3 Store.
– Experience the benefits that millions of Amazon Prime members already enjoy, including unlimited, instant streaming of over 10,000 popular movies and TV shows, Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items, and now, access to thousands of popular Kindle books through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. If you haven’t used Prime in the past, we’ll automatically give you a free month to try it out.
– Kindle makes it easy to take your documents with you. You can e-mail documents – including Word, PDF and more – directly to your Kindle so you can read them anytime, anywhere.
– Stay in touch using our built-in email app that gets your webmail (Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL etc.) into a single inbox. Import your messages and contact lists from other email accounts. Additional email apps are available in our Amazon Appstore for Android.
– And of course books! Read bestsellers, children’s books, comic books, and cookbooks in vibrant color. The Kindle Store offers over 1 million books, including 800,000 titles at $9.99 or less. In addition, over 2 million free, out-of-copyright, pre-1923 books are also available such as Pride and Prejudice.
There are plenty of tablets out in the market now, but the Kindle Fire has the Amazon name on it, which consumers feel safer buying from a brand that is successful and that has been around for a long time. Not to mention the price as well is a great selling point.